07 March 2011

A man and his chalkboard

The NY Times's David Carr looks at the rise and possible decline of Glenn Beck. Apparently, viewership is down. Nonetheless, he's still killing his competition, and even if Fox News moves on, I'm guessing Glenn will find a way to get his thoughts heard.

Part of Mr. Beck’s appeal is that he seems as if he is about to lose his marbles. But recently, he acts like he’s a little tired of the game. He can still draw a huge crowd, but he looks lonely in that studio all by himself.

“When I first came here,” he told his audience on Wednesday, “I had this pie-in-the-sky belief that if I told you the truth, if I verified all of my facts and double-checked, and we could make that compelling case with facts to back it up, the journalists in other places would get curious and they’d use their resources and they’d investigate and they’d prove it right and they’d show it too.” Then he shook his head and laughed bitterly.

1 comment:

  1. I know you've probably already seen this ... but in case you haven't, here's some hilarity for you :)

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/quiz/2011/mar/01/muammar-gaddafi-charlie-sheen-quiz

    ReplyDelete